Flying solo
This weekend I popped out for a solo ride around Essex, testing out a new pouch which fits on my handlebars to hold my phone and various other things like keys (or mostly snacks in my case). Very handy if you can't afford a Garmin or equivalent. I charged up my phone, remembered to turn off the automatic lock function, and off I went. The only caveat: you'll definitely need a portable power pack as it eats through battery.Despite my best efforts, I still went the wrong way at least three times, but I did accidentally win a Strava QOM (queen of the mountains) for my mistake so it wasn't all bad. I also met some very friendly fellow cyclists along the way. Plus, at my coffee stop (Blackmore Tea Rooms), I sampled the delights of white chocolate rocky road. It was incredible. Check out the full ride on Strava.
#Supercharge
Not only is it six months until RAB, this week also marked six months until the start of the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio. As the official charity of Deloitte RAB, all the funds that I raise through training will support Supercharge ParalympicsGB, helping inspire the nation, challenge perceptions and create better opportunities for future generations taking up disability sport.You only have to hear some of the incredible stories of our current Paralympic hopefuls to see just what a difference it can make. This video is particularly significant to me, as it features Jonny Young - the cousin of one of my closest friends - who discovered a future in paracanoe after a life-changing skiing accident.
Please sponsor me and support Supercharge ParalympicsGB, helping inspire a new generation to take up disability sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment