I took the bike out into Epping Forest, which is turning out to be my new favourite place. A few more rides and I might finally stop getting lost. When the sun is out, it really is wonderful place to cycle. There are invariably a myriad of lycra-clad enthusiasts hammering up and down the forest hills, and I do enjoy the sense of community.
Training in groups
I am quickly discovering how important it is to have training buddies when you're looking at the prospect of doing 60, 70, 80 mile rides over the coming months. Some of the lucky few will start to feature in the video clips. Unfortunately my filming skills have yet to improve, so we can only expect to see backs, wheels and if I'm lucky the occasional glimpse of a figure in the distance (note to self, must keep up!).
Lessons learnt
- Dress appropriately for exercise. A winter hat under the helmet is perhaps not always necessary in bright sunshine. Sunglasses, however, might be useful.
- Detours are fun. Just think of all those extra miles!
- Whilst it is a good idea to fuel, cycling after a full blown pub lunch is the most uncomfortable feeling in the world.
Please sponsor me and support Supercharge ParalympicsGB, helping inspire a new generation to take up disability sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment